Saturday 9 June 2007

The Rains

Tall is safe and well dispight all the rain, winds and beach bound tanker.

Lots of crazy stuff going on. I had an ok nights sleep last night, lost of wind, branches flying off trees and such. Had three people stay at my house last night on the loungeroom floor.

There is lots of water around the place, and tree branches everywhere.

On my street we have no power, and likey to have none until monday or so. There was a tree over laying over the road a little down the street from my house. It was being kept up from the ground by power cables. Apparently there are many incidences of this on my street alone.

Sarah was at Chloe's house in Hamilton (in Newcastle) yesterday afternoon, and by 9 pm they had to evacuate from the house, as water was about to come into the remaining part of the house. They waded through the water to reach a safer place to rest. (Cars were filled with water, almost covering some cars).

Plenty of houses have been effected, some drastically, and other only in parts.

I haven't been to see our latest landmark, the tanker lodged on Nobbys beach. I am sure it will be around long enough for me to get there to have a look. There have been plenty of warnings to stay at home as much as possible, and predictions of hard winds and rain again tonight.

No comments: