Monday 4 June 2007

Weekend Ball Games

Our soccer team has had some issues the last few weeks, and I have come home not only sore, but annoyed and frustrated at lots of things (mostly at the way I handled things). But this week saw some things turn around a little.

Firstly we had a few players away, which meant we were going to start on the back foot. Luckily we had some of the second team back-up and help us out with numbers. Secondly we had a different referee, which helped all our guys sigh a big sigh of relief. Thirdly, we were on our game, against a nice group of guys.

I ran hard for most of the game, towards half time I was totally trashed, so much so that I had to lay on the turf a few times leading into the half time orange break (we don't get oranges though :( )

We played well through the second half, Crowy scored a pearler from just in half way, and, while we wavered a little, we held strong to keep them out for the rest of the game.

I won man of the match. Which brings me to my point:
I played hard, but don't really feel that I played much better than usual, but in the eyes of others I did. Perhaps that just means that my fitness levels are increasing, which then in turn means that I can perform at maximum skill levels for a longer period. Or maybe I am kidding myself, and I did play awesomely, or maybe everyone else was blinded to my stuff ups this week.

What ever the case was, I am still sore, still struggling to catch my breathe, and a little werey of what this next weeks game will be like.

No comments: